Subject: still can't configure
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 07:37:14
I grabbed the current kernel tarfile, and untarred it.  Yikes.  105% of
my zip . . .  I removed the extra architectures & the tarfile, and back
donw to 24%.

Anyway, it doesn't/can't install at /; the top level in the tar is src/

And I'm back to the problem of relative pathnames:

hawkins# pwd
/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf
hawkins# config GENERIC
GENERIC:5: cannot open arch/mac68k/conf/std.mac68k for reading: No such file or directory

GENERIC:7: syntax error
GENERIC:7: cannot proceed without machine specifier
hawkins#

there must be something simple i'm missing.

After gunzipping sys.tar.gz, in /usr/src, i cd'd to /usr, and "tar -xvf
/usr/src/sys.tar"

rick