Subject: Re: System Freezes
To: Armen Babikyan <armenb@moof.ai.mit.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/15/1997 06:34:06
>btw, netbsd getty can't handle data more than 9600bps, so don't try -
>you'll get tons of errors.

Maybe it's your setup?  I've run my ports at 57.6K and haven't seen any
errors when logged in from my other systems via Zterm or Black Night
locally.  I also connected one port via PPP at 57.6K to my PC laptop
runnint NetBSD/i386 and did a complete filesystem backup.  That took
something like six hours during which I'd logged two silo overrun errors
on the PC and *NO* errors on the Mac, and reported transfer rates of
5k/sec.  When I do a SUP run it's through my SupraFAX288 modem with the
port speed set to 38K.  The modem usually connects at 26K and I rarely
see errors logged.

-bob