Subject: Re: Getting files from MacOS to MacBSD partitions
To: Jeffrey E. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@Glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/1997 01:58:16
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Jeffrey E. Benedict wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Well, I've given up and decided to humble myself before the MacBSD gods.....
>
> I need to get files onto my MacBSD partitions...  I only have the one box,
> so I can't set up a serial connection and move them that way...  What I
> want to do is to copy the ppp config. files onto my MacBSD partitions so I
> can use 'em... Once I've gotten ppp running, I can ftp, etc. to my hearts
> content.
>
> I've read everything and fumbled around with a few things.  I've
> concentrated on the Installer using the Mini-shell but tried about a dozen
> combos of mount points, disk IDs, directories, etc. and still haven't
> figured out how to copy the files.

I haven't done this in a long long time, but as I recall you can run the
installer and select the mini shell menu item, then just use the cpin command
and the cpout command.  If you place the files you want to transfer into
the same directory as the installer you can transfer them to NetBSD using:
cpin "ppp_file" "/homes/your_home_dir/ppp_file"
cpout has the same sort of syntax but transfers the other way.
NOTE: the path component seperator in macos is the colon.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@Glue.umd.edu
My home page