Subject: Re: current way to get source
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 22:14:14
> i'm stymied now on finding the kernel soursed.  I can find the ksrc121
> files, but these are *way* beyond my space  :)  And the howto refers to
> a usr.sys.src.tgz, but i can't find these--but then, it's a 94 revision.
> Am I supposed to be using sup?  I couldn't quite follow these on
> ftp.netbsd.org, but it seemed to say that only current is available
> other than as a monolithic file.

If your looking for the kernel source tarball, it's located at:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz

It unarchives under /usr/src/sys/

As for getting SUP to work, I'd go ahead and install the tarball first,
then use SUP from that point on.  I believe that there are some example
supfiles in the sup directory on ftp.netbsd.org.

I hope this helps.

Later.