Subject: Re: Mac II won't boot
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alex Precosky <apreco@mag-net.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 14:18:32
Colin Wood wrote:

> > On Apr 12,  4:48pm, Colin Wood wrote:
> > >Do you have _any_ extensions enabled?  What kind of video card do you
> > >have?  This is a Mac II, so do you have MODE32 installed?
> >
> > Just to be pedantically complete, it is worth noting that the Mac II
> > requires the Apple MMU be replaced with a real PMMU...
>
> Isn't this the machine with the Daystar '030 accelerator in it?
>
> Later.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                      ender@is.rice.edu
> Consultant                                        Rice University
> Information Technology Services                       Houston, TX
Whoops! Forgot to mention that! Could be my problem there. The faq does
say that the card should work, and I've tried with both caches enabled
and disabled.

The card has a socket for a 50mhz '882 FPU, which is currently empty. I
have an FPU, which is the 16mhz '881 on the motherboard.  When ever I
use FPU programs, they all use the '881 just fine, but maybe bsd expects
to see an '882?

Alex