Subject: Re: Running mkfs on Zip disk
To: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 14:28:51
> >I assume this message occurs after you type in your settings and click ok.
> >Thus, you probably used the first group of settings.  I needed to use the
> >second settings:
>
> With mkfs 1.2, it checks the settings for you, and does not allow you to
> enter any settings in...

Nico van Eikema Hommes has just submitted a wonderful new HOWTO on getting
ZIP drives to work under NetBSD.  I'm working on getting it formatted and
will have it up on ftp.macbsd.com before the week is out, hopefully.  But,
the quick bit of advice that it gives is to use Mkfs 1.4, not 1.2.

I hope this helps.

Later.