Subject: Running mkfs on Zip disk
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@hick.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/13/1997 03:29:46
I've been a previous subscriber to this list, and over a period of time
lost interest in NetBSD. I am, however, getting back into it. I've been
attempting to install on a Zip drive. Using the Zip HOWTO and the older
mkfs, I get an error similar to the following. Using mkfs 1.2, I get the
following error (which I can copy and paste, unlike in the older mkfs):

modesense page 4(5)
get_DeviceInfo: Error on SCSIRead(), # 5, retry 0
Probably just a phase error, ignore the error -- this time.
Num Heads 0
Num Cylinders = 0
modesense page 3(5)
get_DeviceInfo: Error on SCSIRead(), # 5, retry 0
Probably just a phase error, ignore the error -- this time.
Bytes_Sector is 0
Sectors Track is 0
Wild Ass Guess at sect/track
Partition read, SCSIID = 5
 no default #tracks
mkfs:

I've tried two seperate Zip disks. I've tried following the HOWTO
directions letter to letter, and I've tried some changes. Any
suggestions? :)

Thanks a lot!

Josh Hope
79 for Banana Walrus Wafers? That's a scandal!