Subject: Re: PPP and Internet Programs
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 20:25:48
On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Mark Andres wrote:

> {Un}fortunately, there is no version of Netscape that I know of that will
> work with NetBSD/mac68k.  However, I have been happily using Mosaic for
> some time.  You can download a pre-compiled copy at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/Mosaic-2.7b3-bin11.tar.gz
>
> Be sure to get the b3 version.  There are newer versions, but they were
> compiled with Lesstif and crashed constantly on my machine.  BTW, web
> browsing in b/w is not pretty.  You might also consider downloading lynx.

Another thing to consider... not now, but at least in the future.  The w3
consortium testbed browser (the new one, Amaya) looks like it has definite
potential, from the little I can see before it crashes.  If they can get
the bugs worked out, a lot of people won't _care_ about Netscrape or
Internet Exploder anymore. :-)

> ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/unix/pine.tar.gz
>
> There is a copy of lynx in the same directory as above.

Yeah.  If you have any problems with those, kick me, since those would be
my dists. in macbsd.com's contrib/unix.... :-)

I believe some ppl (at least one) had a little trouble getting pine set up
with that.  If you do, tell the list, because I think we were able to
solve the problem (eventually).  :-)

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars.utm.edu      Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@globegate.utm.edu          --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://globegate.utm.edu                  http://www.utm.edu/~davagatw |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw             http://www.nyx.net/~dgatwood |