Subject: Re: Quadra 605
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/12/1997 13:14:02
>The Quadra 605 still has broken ADB at the moment (although I seem to
>recall that John Wittkowski and maybe Bob Nestor were working now).  As
>for why you're getting no /dev/console, have you built devices?  Also, are
>you sure the /etc/ttys is configured properly for a console boot (i.e. the
>/dev/ttye0 is the main console)?  Oh, for that matter, what kernel are you
>using?

According to my notes (which are quite out-of-date now) the Quadra 605
has had it's ROM mapped and included in the MRG code.  I don't know if
the 605 has all the mapping and Quadra internal video problems worked out
yet though.  John's hardware direct code works on many Macs now, but I'm
not sure of the status of the Q605 which I suspect uses the Cuda chip.
The hardware direct code has some problems with *SOME* Cuda machines at
the moment though, and this could be a problem with the Q605.

-bob