Subject: Re: Another type of fsck problem...
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Jon Lefman <jlefman@bu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1997 19:11:04
>As for the /, I'm confused as to why anyone would suggest that this might
>fix something?  The / simply tells fsck to process only the root file
>system (whose name is /) rather than processing all of the file systems
>listed in /etc/fstab.  If it works with / but doesn't work without it,
>then I'd suspect something weird about one of your other file systems.

Well I added / after the fsck line in /etc/rc and I'm up and running again.
Should I run fsck manually on /kern and /proc?  Does fsck actually check
the swap partition on the boot?  Just curious about that.

I'll go ahead and give it shot and run fsck on /kern and /proc.  I'm not
sure if this is the problem though.  I'm actually getting *usage errors*
from fsck.

Thanks,

Jon