Subject: Re: File system date wrong after install
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/11/1997 08:55:53

> > >Do you have your GMT bias set correctly in the Booter?  Or else are you
> > >using a kernel with an RTC_OFFSET compiled in?
> >
> > I have the GMT bias set to 120 minutes (MET-DST), the "Map" control panel
> > is set to Berlin, I'm using the GENERIC#29 kernel from the latest snapshot
> > (the one with the ADB routines), so I don't expect it to have RTC_OFFSET.
> > When I just reboot the system, everything is fine. Only after installing,
> > the time gets wrong, by some random amount. I've seen differences between
> > half an hour and several hours.
>
> How weird...unless you have the time zone incorrectly set somewhere
> (either in the Date & Time control panel or in NetBSD), I really can't
> imagine why you're getting this error.  Maybe the time in the MacOS is a
> bit off???

Are you on summer time?

To compensate for summer time, I set the time zone in the map to be one
hour earlier than usual, and then hit (set). I'm using 7.1, which was
DST-stupid. So I take the normal -8 time zone and add an hour, getting -7.
I then also adjust the GMT bias in the booter.

Take care,

Bill