Subject: re: partitioning zip disk
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron Sterr <sysadm@muse.pomona.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1997 21:08:56
At 7:08 PM 4/10/97, Michael Peters wrote:
>  Could someone direct me to the faq instructions on how to reformat a zip
>disk for use with NetBSD?  For some reason I had been under the impression
>I could apple's HDSC setup utility to repartition the zip disk.  boy was
>that dumb.

There is a FAQ that describes how to patch apple's HDSC setup utility to
work with non-Apple disk drives.  Sorry I don't remember the exact URL, but
it's on www.macbsd.com.  There is a copy at
ftp://macbsd.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/puma-mirror/NetBSD/docs/html/faq/faq-4.html#ss4.7

I used silverlining to partition my zip disk.  However, APS will also
work.  The faq for partitioning a zip disk on macbsd.com provides an
erroneous URL for this.  The only jagubox mirror that still seems to carry
it is:
ftp://mirror.apple.com/mirrors/jagubox.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/mac/

To whoever might change the INSTALL file, two erroneous URLs are listed in
this file, including the original site that is being mirrored.
Just FYI ;)

Aaron
Signature Pending