Subject: Re: networking how-to: tabs or spaces?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@fls.portland.or.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/10/1997 09:44:36
On Thu, 10 Apr 1997, Allen Briggs wrote:

> > I've had no luck getting the "proper" configuration of networking to work.
> > I've always just cheated and added my own, full ifconfig line to the end
> > of netstart. I'm sure this is "the wrong thing" to do.
>
> I assume that this is with the ae0 interface?  What is your
> /etc/hostname.ae0, and what (exactly) do you have to put in
> /etc/netstart to get it to work?

I knew I wouldn't include all the info. Plus, I went and deleted my old
netstart file. I think it was along the lines of:

ifconfig inet 206blahblah -notrailers(?) 255.255.255.240

Some help that is. However, I do remember that the line was just what I
thought should come out of the netstart script automatically.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@fls.portland.or.us - Fuji Landscape Service
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte