Subject: Problems with fsck
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Albert Carter <SilverMoonTiger@wizzard.tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1997 19:41:22
I'm not sure if this is a problem or not but for some reason whenever I
start up X11R6 using startx the kernal starts to perform fsck.  I know that
this is generally a bad thing because I've read lots of books that say you
should only run fsck when in read-only mode (single-user mode).  I'm not
sure if this applies to the kernal launching it or just to doing a manual
fsck.  I've only had it happen twice and have gotten spooked so have
decided to do without X.  Someone please let me know.  I'm running a Mac
IIsi 17MB RAM.  The disk that is being used for NetBSD 1.2 is an external
set to SCSI ID 1.  I have a NUBUS Adapter card that had a 68882 coprocessor
on it.

Thanks,
Albert