Subject: lyx (was word-processors)
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/1997 08:52:48
> Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 21:02:20 -0400 (EDT)
> From: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
> To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
> cc: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG

> > version.  In the mean time, if you have enough room to compile it, try
> > ./configure --with-two-colors=yes  (or something similar; check INSTALL)

> argh! i didnt do this (and i just deleted the sources...) but it core
> dumped right after the PsuedoColor error...i will get the sources again
> and try...

Before you do that . . .

THere's a handful of different sources to consider.  .10.7 is the most
recent "stable" release.  But .11.* are development releases, with much
better stuff in them.  The most recent is .11.21, which needs xforms.86,
rather than .81.   Lyx .11.19 needs xforms.81, and the patches midway
through 20 switch.

I'd suggest starting with .10.7--not because it's the one you want, , but
because there's a single piece to get a good clean compile.  Once you have
that going, ask again; .21 is in a strange flux right now; i expect enough
patches in the next few days to get to .22.  And i expect a public
beta-stable .12 in a couple of weeks.  Oh, and it is hoped that .14 will
directly work with latex files; currently they are read through a separate
program, although latex output files are generated.

Also, you might want to subscribe to the lyx developers mailing list.  At
the moment, i think i'm the only one there working with 68k at all.  And
until i either a) get a 100mb zip partition successfully formatted, or b)
can completely remove macos to use the second disk, i can't install the
compilers.  Oh, or c) if I can cross-compile on an alpha running OSF/1
(yeah, right :).

I *think* what you want is to mail to majordomo@ecp.fr, with

subsribe lyx
end

for the body

rick
p.s.:  if you do get a version compiled, i'd love a copy :)  ANd in the
meantime, if i can be of help, holler.  for that matter, if your system
stays up and running bsd rather than the flip-flop mine does, i'd be willing
to try logging in and compiling it for you.

rick