Subject: Re: big resolutions...
To: port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG, xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Stephen Brown <sbrown@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1997 17:17:08
Yes, madhatter#37 is I know being used on larger resolutions.
The madhatter#38 kernel should as well, but the -current source
it was built from made changes that temporarily broke support
for certain video cards.  Once I do some more testing, I will
probably release a new madhatter kernel in the next day or so.

After a fresh build, the sonic support seems to be behaving for
me well.  I can even run Xtetris displayed to a different screen
and get very speedy results :-).  So, the next madhatter kernel
will have the sonic support in there.  It will also use John
Wittkoski's hardware direct adb support.

Please note that -current now supports internal video on the
quadra systems.  It doesn't use the exact method that I used,
but if there's something not working, it would be nice to get
it looked at.  So, very soon now, new madhatter kernels will
just reflect a compile of -current with very few(if any)
changes.

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com