Subject: Re: word processers
To: None <ekholm@skypoint.com, ingerrn@cris.com>
From: David Bushong <dbushong@cory.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1997 16:32:14
> On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Mike Ekholm wrote:
> > Come on, got something aginst vi :-)         vi rulez!
> you betcha! and besides, i dont know if/how vi is a WYSIWYG word
> processor...i suppose the command might be something like ESC
> :!some-random-letters or something...emacs is my fav for everything, but
> i need to make something with fonts and styling...ie a school paper.
> -xiamin

Well, personally if you want something already installed, use vi and groff.
I've written my last five papers for my technical writing class in (g/t)roff
using the ms macro package, and they all look dandy.  One of these days
I'd really like to start using TeX instead, but you need like 50MB to compile
it, and I'm rather tight on space.

On a helpful note: (or maybe not) you could try ez, which comes w/ the atk
(andrew toolkit) and is the closest thing to the type of wsywig wp you're
thinking of.. it's available from the netbsd-amiga archive.  Good luck getting
it to print, though.. you need ditroff, and I don't know _where_ to get that,
or how to set it up...

--David Bushong