Subject: Re: IIcx
To: None <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
From: Ken and Masami Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/08/1997 12:12:19
On Mon, 7 Apr 1997 21:42:01 -0500 (CDT),
Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net> wrote:

> > Ummm... Have you checked the obvious first candidates?
> > 	* MacOS VM turned off
> > 	* Mode32 installed and enabled with 32-bit mode turned on
> > 	* Display in Black&White
> > 	* Booter version -- you want 1.9.6

I don't know who wrote this, but whoever this is s/he is right,
except the last.  I don't think 1.9.6 is mandatory.

> I actually have 1.9.5.  I have tried both video-interrupt modes.  I am
> booting single user. I am getting up to the Click boot to start dialog.
> I Click "Boot", then nothing. Mouse is frozen.

If you have Virtual Memory in Memory Control Panel turned on, turn it
OFF.  If you don't have Mode32 installed, install it, and ENABLE (turn
ON) 32-bit addressing mode *both* in Mode32 Control Panel *and* Memory
Control Panel.  If you have RAMdoubler, GET RID OF IT.

Let us know if it doesn't work even though you did all these.

Ken