Subject: Warning! ADB driver update
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 23:27:20
I finally managed to bite the bullet and get John Wittkoski's new ADB
driver into the tree.  If you build your own kernels, note:  this driver
WILL be the default ADB driver.  If you wish to use the MRG ADB driver
that has up to this point been the standard, you will need to add the
following to your kernel configuration:

options 	MRG_ADB

This is the same code that John has made available, with two changes:
I've replaced all tests for the HWDIRECT macro with the inverse test for
the MRG_ADB macro, and I've made the change to adb_read_date_time() that
Allen relayed to me, fixing a bug for the ADB RTC access.

If you have troubles with compiling a kernel, it's my fault; if you have
trouble with it actually running, it might be due to my HWDIRECT ->
MRG_ADB changes, but hopefully not.  John is already aware of and is
working on the driver due to feedback he's already gotten.  Having said
that, I'm using it quite successfully on one of my IIx's, my IIcx, and
I'll be testing on my IIci soon.

Please report any problems directly to me.  If it's something that looks
like John might need to be involved, I'll forward your message on to him.

Thanks,

--scott