Subject: Re: A few questions (yes, I've read the FAQs)
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 21:57:12
> > 1)	I'd like to fool around with programming this thing (although I am
> > most certainly not a professional programmer) and I've alway felt that
> > porting old video games to a machine is a good way to get an understanding
> > of how it works.  So I fooled around with curses for a while, but it's
> > really slow on my 25MHz '030 box; I'd really like to be able to work with
> > /dev/grf0.
> >
> > Question:  Any docs on this available?  Where?
>
> Unfortunately the only answer is UTS,L (Use The Source, Luke). I'm kinda
> bummed about the number of things which aren't documented. I'd like
> to know more about programming ISA cards, but that's only documented
> in the source AFAIK.
>
> Though for /dev/grf0 you are in luck (a bit). There are two programs
> which use it: dt and the xserver. You can look at them to see what's
> going on. I'd bet dt is a good thing to look at first as it's kinda
> simple.

Probably a good idea.  I don't think that the source for the X server has
been released yet (Scott was working on this, but I don't think it's
publicly available - Scott?)

> Good luck!
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill
>
> P.S. I don't know much about trn.

Me either.  However, since this is a rather general NetBSD issue, you
should probably ask about getting trn to run on either
netbsd-users@netbsd.org or netbsd-help@netbsd.org

I hope this helps.

Later.