Subject: A few questions (yes, I've read the FAQs)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason S. <jhsterne@mindspring.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 21:17:40
I've been happily running NetBSD-mac68k on my old Mac for a couple of
months now and I have a few questions.  I've checked out the relevant FAQs
and haven't found answers, so I figured that I won't offend anyone too much
by putting these on the mailing list.

1)	I'd like to fool around with programming this thing (although I am
most certainly not a professional programmer) and I've alway felt that
porting old video games to a machine is a good way to get an understanding
of how it works.  So I fooled around with curses for a while, but it's
really slow on my 25MHz '030 box; I'd really like to be able to work with
/dev/grf0.

Question:  Any docs on this available?  Where?

2)	(This probably sounds really brain-dead, but I've dl'd and grep'd
the trn FAQ and couldn't find anything).  I'd like to able to run trn (or
something similar) on NetBSD.  It worked fine for one newserver (Earthlink)
which doesn't require a username or password.  Problem: Mindspring (my
really good ISP) does.  If I set it up for MS and run it, it gives me a 501
error and quits.  I've gone through the Makefile and the man pages and
cannot fathom how to make it work properly with MS's authentication system.
I realize that I should probably post this to a newsreader NG, but since
I'm here...

Any suggestions?

That's all for now.

J.