Subject: IIcx
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 20:59:55
Complete story:

Bought a Duo

Disappointed with Duo

Excited by prospect of NetBSD on Duo

Disappointed by inability to make NetBSD work

Purchased Mac IIcx

Excited by certainty that IIcx would run NetBSD, then I could fix laptop
problem

THE MAC IIcx DID EXACTLY THE SAME DAMN THING AS THE DUO!!!!!

It locks up on the boot screen. $400.00 down the tubes!
Well, not really, I wanted a desktop Mac anyhow.  But STILL.  I thought IIcx
would be a drop kick.

I can't help but think it may be my OS configuration.  I'm using 7.1 on
both.  The IIcx has an Apple "High Resolution Video Display Card" copyright
1988/1989.  The drive is a brand new Seagate ST1480N.  It has 8 1 MB simms.
No other peripherals.

What could I be doing wrong?

The PB Duo would boot into the kernel, then hang up on an adb error if I
used the kernels with the modified video driver (Daishi's)  I
don't know of that was Apple Desktop Bus or the kernel debugger output.
Daishi's site was down yesterday. Anyone know where I can get another?
or perhaps e-mail it to me?

Sorry for the whining - the frustration has been extreme.

Rich