Subject: Re: ppp struggles! please help!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Krypto <cyberdog@sunworks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 17:02:32
Well.. my setup in MacOS is simple. I am using freeppp. I don't have a
connect script, or anything of the sort.. I just have a user id field, pw
field, and phone # field. I click on connect and it works just fine.. my
problem with the pppsetup scripts were this: I'd fill out the login, pw,
and phone number.  I got the modem to dialout.. it would dial just fine..
but it woudln't connect right.. the connection would last for about 30 secs
to one min at max.. then disconnect.

my setup in MacOS is this:
* in TCP/IP control panel my  name server address is 163.125.48.70
* in "addition search domains" I have sunworks.com
* In "FreePPPSetup" my login is cyberdog
* In "FreePPPSetup" the pw is 12345
* Phone number is 527-3353
* Modem init is ATS0=0

I also have specified the IP address 163.125.48.93 in the "options" menu,
so I can have a static IP address...

So that is my setup in MacOS... could you tell me how do use this in the
pppsetup scripts, I'd greatly appreciate it. Please be as specific as
possible.. I am new to all this :)

Thanks!