Subject: Re: How to compile the other stuff?
To: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 14:00:07

>     Hi Colin (and other port-mac68k readers, of course),
>
> >If you have all of the sources downloaded and in /usr/src, all you have
> >to do is cd to /usr/src and do a 'make build'
> >I hope this helps.
>
> Unfortunately, it didn't :-(
>
> A "make build" in /usr/src gives 'Don't know how to make "build". Stop',
> which is not surprising as there is no makefile. I only have the source
> directories in /usr/src.
> I downloaded all the packages as tarfiles from ftp.netbsd.org directly
> (except 'domestic' and 'games'), and they are as recent as they can be.
> The installation itself is the 970214 -current snapshot.

As Colin mentioned, this is more a current-users question. But here are
some answers.

The Makefile isn't in any of the source distributions. I'm not sure
why, other than the fact it doesn't fit into any one of them. You can
just ftp into the source tree and then copy it over.

> I also tried building only the 'netstat' executable, but got complaints
> about missing include files for netatalk (I could not find them anywhere,
> btw. They are not in /usr/include or in /usr/src/include).

They are installed in one of the early steps of the build process. They
live in sys/netatalk for now. If you get a "make build" going, it should
all happen right.

Take care,

Bill