Subject: Re: How to compile the other stuff?
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 22:50:27
    Hi Colin (and other port-mac68k readers, of course),

>If you have all of the sources downloaded and in /usr/src, all you have
>to do is cd to /usr/src and do a 'make build'
>I hope this helps.

Unfortunately, it didn't :-(

A "make build" in /usr/src gives 'Don't know how to make "build". Stop',
which is not surprising as there is no makefile. I only have the source
directories in /usr/src.
I downloaded all the packages as tarfiles from ftp.netbsd.org directly
(except 'domestic' and 'games'), and they are as recent as they can be.
The installation itself is the 970214 -current snapshot.

I also tried building only the 'netstat' executable, but got complaints
about missing include files for netatalk (I could not find them anywhere,
btw. They are not in /usr/include or in /usr/src/include).

Are there any instructions on building the full system, or (even better)
specific parts? I could not find anything in the FAQ, the meta-FAQ, or the
README files in the source distributions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes,

         Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg