Subject: Re: X-win problems
To: Toni Offermanns <tno@westend.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/07/1997 18:24:02
Hi,

First of all, another question would be What kernel are you using?  I have
a IIcx with the Toby Buffer Frame card.  I am using the Taras color kernel
and the color kit for X in color.  I can use X without any problems.

With this kernel, you actually want to set the video to 8-bit (256 colors)
*not* 1-bit (b/w).  With all other kernels that I know of, you set the
video to b/w before booting into NetBSD.

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Toni Offermanns wrote:

> How to set video in b&w mode, i am kinda new with macs :)

In MacOS (before booting into NetBSD):

>From the Apple Menu, select "Control Panels" and choose "Monitors".  When
the Monitors control panel opens, you will have the choice setting the
video depth.  To set the video to b/w, set the colors choice to 2.

Mark

> Actually, it's really hard to help you with only this much of
> information.  What files did you install?  Did you set the video in
> 1-bit B&W mode before booting into NetBSD?
>
> Ken

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!