Subject: Re: ...
To: gricard <gricard@elux3.cs.umass.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/1997 15:35:48
> Ok, I finally got NetBSD running on my mac, I have a Quadra 700 20 megs ram
> and a 1 gig HD with 500 megs root&usr partition for NetBSD and a 64 meg
> swap. Im running NetBSD 1.2 and the GENERIC-9 kernel which works fine with
> my quadra. Im just wondering how to set up x windows and if anyone knows
> about a color patch for it.

For the most part, to set up X, all you have to do is to install it and
follow some of the directions in the FAQ:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/faq/

As for getting color working, that depends on whether or not you're using
internal video or not.  If you are, you'll have to wait a while, support
is in the works for it.  If you are using external video, there is an LKM
and probably a few kernels that support color X.  Check out the Meta-FAQ
for the location of (I think) the DORMOUSE kernels at Steve Brown's ftp site:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/meta-faq/

I hope this helps.

Later.