Subject: Re: ppp problems all over again.
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/03/1997 13:18:45
Can you ping the nameservers?  Try pinging their IP addresses and see if
your box can catually locate them.

Using nslookup, try setting the server to a different address.  If you
want one to use as a test, try 203.182.192.135.

Mark

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, xiamin wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Colin Wood wrote:
> > I think that the rest should work...
> i still have a problem with not being able to lookup names...so i
> nslookup for kicks
>
> pork% nslookup cris.com
> *** Can't find server name for address 199.3.12.2: No response from server
> *** Can't find server name for address 199.3.12.3: No response from server
> *** Default servers are not available
>
> grrrr i really want this to work, so please bear with me till it works
> -xiamin

Mark Andres             E-mail: mark@giganet.net
    Running NetBSD and 100% Microsoft Free!