Subject: Re: fs format and Install (Re: can't find libXpm4.7, mount union not supported)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1997 22:08:30
the zip:

> I think you have to specify a character (raw) device here, as newfs
> complains to you.  Try /dev/rsd2a.

hmm.  It didn't give as many errors.  I tried mounting in single user,
and was able to copy files to it.  But when i run fsck_ffs, it rports
unreadable sectors (4 or 5). Then i wrote another file, ran fsck_ffs
again, and got even more unreadables.

And, of course, it crashed the system when using df after mounting under
multiuser.

> Okay, if newfs doesn't work for you, you can "convert" an *existing*
> filesystem with fsck command.  fsck's "-c 2" option is the one you
> want.

i don't think this is the problem.  I can't get a working file system
from mkfs, either :(

> > speaking of which, what *should* i do when i land in the debugger?  all
> > i've found so far is the power switch.

rick