Subject: Re: SONIC support in new kernels
To: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/1997 00:05:57
> On my PB550C, with the kernel available at
> ftp://ftp.aa.ap.titech.ac.jp/pub/yanagisw/NetBSD/netbsd_PB550c_SONIC.
> tar.gz, done by Takeshi Yanagisawa, my PB can find the 550c's MAC address
> if I boot with extensions, especially the Onboard ethernet extension
> loaded.

Yeah.  That code, and my first cuts at the SONIC driver, loaded the MAC
address from the SONIC.  The newer, checked-in, code reads it from the
PROM and sets up the SONIC with that info.  Unfortunately, it appears
that Apple stores the Ethernet PROM in a different location on the
PowerBooks.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com