Subject: Ethernet
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Adam Alexander <yacko@comanche.wildstar.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 16:40:39
Hi! :)

I've recently been given the option to use a cable modem (coaxial) as my
internet access and would like to run my NetBSD box on this line...

So here's what I've thought up :)

I plan to use my 6216 as the machine connected to the line, because I
assume this new technology (fairly new anyhow) requires some special
software to be run in MacOS. The cable modem will connect to my 6216 via
ethernet, and then I want an ethernet line running to my IIx...

However, I have a SuperMac Spectre III video card in my IIx and have
previously been booting without the ethernet card. Today when I tried to
boot with the card installed, it stopped, most likely interrupt on reading
the ethernet card.

I am running NetBSD 1.2, which is I asssume the most current release.
Should I run NetBSD-current in order to use my Ethernet card?

yacko
yacko@wildstar.net