Subject: can't find libXpm4.7, mount union not supported
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 13:32:13
hmm, i'm eventually going to succeed.  but . . .

I can't find libXpm4.7.  xforms.81 comes with a line saying that "you
can find this at", but no object of the preposition.  I've tried alta
vista to no avial, and ftp.x.org won't let me connect.

Meanawhile, mount union, which sounds like the solution to another
project around here (keeping some executables on obsolete machines, with
the big stuff on a server), claims not to be supported.  do i need a
diffetnet kernel?

I've tried these; i can't seem to union anything to anything"

hawkins# mount -t union -o -b /zip/usr /usr
union: Operation not supported by device

[tried this just in case]
hawkins# mount -t union -b -o /zip/usr /usr
mount: illegal option -- b
usage: mount [-dfruvw] [-o options] [-t ffs | external_type] special node
       mount [-adfruvw] [-t ffs | external_type]
       mount [-dfruvw] special | node

both of these are on the boot drive:
hawkins# mount -t union -o -b /usr/src /home/hawk
union: Operation not supported by device

speaking of which, i've been meaning to ask:  what is the correct group
configuration?  I'v tried 0 and 32767 for my regualr account, one of
which makes me root, and the other won't let me su to root.  I tried
adding   ,hawk    after the wheel entry in /etc/groups, but this didn't
help.

rick