Subject: Re: linux 68k
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Yves De Muyter <yves@sesuadra.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 20:10:56

Linux-68k effort is still running. We haven't yet a fully operational
kernel, but we're still working on that, and we don't need testers yet...

> > > Yes. They seem to have things working on an atari, and I am familiar
> > > with the person doing the mac68k port.
>
> > Joy!  I could have sworn I had heard that linux-mac68k had been abandoned,
> > although I had seen the fruits of the atari (amiga?) port.
>
> > Is there anywhere one could get the status of this?
>
> I'm fairly certain that there's a debian 68k distribution, though i'm certain
> it's not for macs.  But then, porting dselect from debian could be interesting .
> . . (Package control, installation, etc., including by ftp . . .)

Take a look at: http://maclinux.ml.org

Yves

 ///          ///
 \ //        /  /     |  Yves De Muyter
   \_  ////    /      |  yves@sesuadra.kotnet.org
     /         \_     |  MacLinux-68k will be there,
    /,)-_(  \_   \    |  It's just a matter of time
    (/   \\ / \\\\                      - Rob Pelkey
          //
         ((`
With Windows 3.x, PC users were on the edge of a cliff.
With Windows 95, they made a great step forward...