Subject: Duo kernel?
To: None <hamada@next.etron.kanazawa-it.ac.jp>
From: Thomas Walter <twalter@physik.unizh.ch>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 14:56:55
Hi,

I'm trying to setup NetBSD for my Duo 230 with microdock.
Until now i wasn't successful.

So, where can i get a kernel especially compiled for a duo?

I have experimented with many different kernels:

- netbsd12
- current:
           GENERIC26, GENERIC25
- Powermanager test kernel
  http://www.lisanet.org/~hamada/Acti/Netbsd/netbsd.html
           PMTEST.961214.iv.sbc.mrg
           PMTEST.961214.iv.ncr.mrg
           PMTEST.961214.122.iv.sbc
           PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr

The serial console doesn't work. (Yes, i have checked the box in
booter dialog to open the serial port.) Probably this has something
to do with two SCSI-busses in the microdock. I know the serial-
and the SCSI-ports are handled by the same chip called "combo-chip".
But I'm not sure, whether a DUO with microdock actually has two
SCSI-busses.

Booting a PMTEST-kernel, i got the following output on the console
(the internal-video-driver seems the work, at least partially!)
(all the other kernels didn't even clear the display):

"
[preserving 291446 bytes of netbsd symbol table]
PB memory range kludge
PB LCD Video  Video address = 0x60000000
Int video starts at 0x0
Length = 0x0 (0)bytes
PB LCD Video  Video address = 0x60000000
Int video starts at 0x0
Length = 0x0 (0)bytes
panic: Unkown / unsupported machine class
panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0--no pcb
panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0--no pcb
panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0--no pcb
panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0--no pcb
panic: trap: type 0xf, code 0x0, v 0x0--no pcb
"

Thanks in advance

Thomas Walter
twalter@physik.unizh.ch