Subject: Re: lyx,xforms,libXpm4.7
To: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
From: Nico van Eikema Hommes <hommes@derioc1.organik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/1997 09:39:11
   Hi Rick,

>Also, there is a new release of lyx tomorrow; if you're about to
>compile, it might be worth waiting a day.
>So, if i understand things correctly, i need to:
>1) put comp1.2 onto the system
>2) unpack xforms.81 for any 68k netbsd
>3) unpack libXpm4.7
>4) get the lyx source.
>Will these be all the files that i need, or do i need something else to
>make lyx?

I recently downloaded what I understood was the latest version of Xpm,
and it is version 3.4h. The xforms 0.86 mkconfig.h refers to 3.4g.
Much to my surprise, I could not find the anything referring to lyx at
the German NetBSD-amiga site (ftp.uni-regensburg.de).

>For that matter, i don't think i have enough room left on my drive for
>the comp stuff, but i do have a zip set up.  putting /usr/src there is
>obvious, but what about the compilers?  Before I get a truly unbearable
>number of files i cant find :), what extra directories should actually
>be links to the zip??

Installing "comp" puts a lot of files in /usr/include and /usr/lib. The
compilers are in /usr/bin or so. You'll probably have to set up your
environment with an overwhelming number of soft links.
Should this turn out to be too tedious: let me know where the sources
are and I can give it a try.

>and when i'm done, would people like this tgz'd?  And if so, where do i
>send it to make it available?

See Colin's reply.

Best wishes,

         Nico

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  hommes@ccc.uni-erlangen.de       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg