Subject: Re: sendmail from the start
To: None <michaelr@connectnet.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 08:18:25
On Wed, 12 Mar 1997 21:35:38 -0800 (PST),
Michael Reeh <michaelr@connectnet.com> wrote:
> when i had netbsd running before (1.2B i beleive) i just didnt completely
> away with sendmail, and installed qmail since it was much easier for me.

Hmm, I'm just wondering.  Why don't you do this again?  Wouldn't it
make it much easier for you to configure a mail server?

> what changes do i initially need to make to get a smtpd working on my box?

If you just want sendmail to act as daemon, you don't have to change
anything except /etc/netstart.

> what files (sendmail.cf =[) need to be changed and stuff, and exactly what
> needs to be changed in them?

There are a few files that affect sendmail's behavior.  RTM.  And for
the second question, that's impossible to answer!  First, we don't
know anything about your site, and second, we don't know anything
about your needs (= what you want to do with it).

> thanks for any help, hope this isnt an
> overwhelming job :) thanks

It could be an overwhelming job, yes...  You could get paid for this
job.

Ken