Subject: Re: Initial networking setup phase.
To: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
From: Stewart King <slking@hcs.harvard.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/28/1997 20:07:19
On Tue, 28 Jan 1997, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> The gateway address goes in /etc/mygate.  Have you done that?

This was in fact the problem.  I had managed to create etc/mygate but left
the contents as simply a snide remark since I couldn't at the moment find
my gateway address, it being in the wrong operating system and not
answering the phone.

Hence the "#: Bad value" errors - it was trying to read a comment as a
gateway, which was unhelpful, in direct contrast to the lot of you.  Thank
you all and I'll see if I can generate some more nice enticing problems
for you.

Stewart.