Subject: Re: mac utils
To: <>
From: Rick C. Petty <pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/24/1997 14:16:38
On Fri, 24 Jan 1997, Stephen Davies wrote:

> I'm trying to install NetBSD for mac68k from the infomagic cd rom.

Wow!  I didn't know there was a cd rom.  Where can I get it?

> I've copied the files off the cd on to my main drive. I can't proceed
> further because mkfs.cpt and install are seen by my system as text files
> rathe tha applications (ie I can't click on the icon and launch).  How do

Well, .cpt is an extention which corresponds to a compact-pro document.
It's not a self-extracting archive (.sea) or any application for that
matter.  Either use a new version of Stuff-It, Stuff-It Expander, or
Compact Pro to decompress this file into an application which can then be
launched as you say.

> I fix this (Resedit?).

As a last resort, but it won't help.  There probably isn't a CODE
resource in that file to execute anyway.  Try the Compact-Pro thing.

> Thanks

No problem.

--Rick C. Petty,  aka Snoopy                <h1><blink>I hate Netscape!
SQL/Perl/Java/HTML/C++ programmer  http://www.itlabs.umn.edu/~pett0019/
pett0019@gold.tc.umn.edu, pett0019@itlabs.umn.edu, rpetty@future.i5.com