Subject: Re: other resolutions for dt and X, G20 works on Q700
To: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/1997 11:46:58
> Could you please send the patch? Which kernel and which xserver do you
> use?

I use my own kernel and the X server that's on ftp.macbsd.com (I forget
which one--I think the latest).  The patch is simply to keep the kernel
from using the internal video as grf0.  I'd rather not spread it and
it's not something that will help you.  :-(

> I use the madhatter#35 and xserver19961105 with the internal video.
> If i try to use dt or X with 832x??? nothing happend. dt prints something
> like no grf-device. But it works fine with 640x480 and internal video.

When you log in, the grf0 information should display whatever it is that
X and dt will use for the screen dimensions.

> Thanks Allen, i thought i saw the encrypted passwords in the etc/passwd,
> but maybe i used vipw to view the passwd. I have to look for it this
> evening.

When you use vipw, you're shown the master.passwd file.  Take a look at
the man pages for master.passwd, passwd, vipw, and the pages referenced
in the "SEE ALSO" sections.  If you do, you'll know more than I do about

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com