Subject: Re: file system corruption...
To: John Zic <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Doug Porteous <porteous@inforamp.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/16/1997 17:31:30
John,

I too have a PowerBook 170 and have had problems with NetBSD 1.1/Booter
1.8. The boot process hangs following the presentation of the following
message: "mrg: ADB interrupts enabled." (My readings of the various FAQs
and Web pages indicate that this is a common problem for which John P.
Wittkoski and others have posted patches).

I'd like to know where I can go to get more recent releases including the
kernel that you mentioned in your posting (PMTEST.961214.122.iv.ncr). Since
I have a configuration similar to yours, perhaps I will be able to provide
some useful input once I have a more recent release.

My Powerbook has 8Mb RAM and a 240Mb or so HD, about half of which is
dedicated to NetBSD...

Thanks in advance for your help.
--Doug