Subject: Re: ports
To: None <rmottola@ns.spm.it>
From: Masami Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/10/1997 10:18:56
On Thu, 9 Jan 1997 23:08:33 +0100,
rmottola@ns.spm.it (Riccardo Mottola) wrote:
> - I wnat to use SLIP with my Internal Modem....
>
> I read the FAQ.Om. But with cu I can only access the modem port (on which I
> have the printer). Hav I a device for the Internal?
> With the Mac Express Modem control panel, I can set to use the internal
> modem when the modem port is adressed. But MacBSD seems to work on a lower
> level

Probably the internal modem port has a different hardware than the
`classic' RS422 modem/printer ports.  You have to write a driver for
it or wait until someone writes one.  Sorry, it won't be me since I
don't have access to any PowerBook or don't have any plan to get one
in forseeable future.

> - I'm still trying to print. I have a DewskWriter 320 on the modem port.
> Who do I have to set lpr, ...   I want at least print ASCII, from ed, ex,
> nroff or a dir listing.

You seem to have checked out the FAQ, but I thought there was an entry
or two in it about printing issues on NetBSD/mac68k, wasn't there?

Hope this helps,

ken