Subject: Some Questions...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Plotecher <jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/04/1997 19:43:03
Hello everyone!

I am going to try to build a current kernel with the color NuBus video
code in it, so Quadra users can hopefully run color X with video cards.
Everything I've looked at says this should work. However, before I try,
I've got to ask a few questions:

1) Are there any Quadra-specific problems with the current kernel code
that would make this kernel lose (i.e, is NuBus fully supported, etc.)

2) Where can I get a *cheap* video card that will at least give me some
kind of idea if the new kernel works? (It certainly doesn't have to be
new.)

Thank you so much for your help... off to look at video card prices and
the kernel compiling HOWTO... :-)

John Plotecher
jplotech@diisd.k12.mi.us