Subject: Re: 660AV X & keyboard questions
To: None <fra069t@gl15.fr.lucent.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@daikichi.nonexistent.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1996 20:32:45
First of all, A Happy New Year to all.

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996 11:47:43 +0100,
"(U)(tra) BONNAVAUD Patrick" <fra069t@gl15.fr.lucent.com> wrote:
> How changes my keyboard setting ? I've an AZERTY

There's no way except by modifying the source and building your own
kernel, to change the keyboard layout, at least not currently.  It
would be somewhat easier to modify "dt" (the "DeskTop" virtual
terminal utility) to accomodate an exotic key mappings.  In fact, it's
been done for the german keyboards, I heard.  If all you want is to
change the mapping during X is running, see the man pages by typing
"man xmodmap".

> Does X color is supported on 660AV? Where I can find it ?

Nope.  You still have to wait for a while or start working on support.

> Is it possible to mount a Iomega Jaz  disk ?

Sorry, I don't own one, so I don't know.

> How can I mount my Macintosh HD ?

What do you mean?  Currently there's no hfs that runs on NetBSD.  That
is, an hfs filesystem that runs on NetBSD in the same manner BSD ffs
runs on NetBSD.  However, I'm told (though I have no experience with
it) that there's a utility called hfsutil with which you can mount,
browse, copy and do whatever you want with your HFS partitions.

ken