Subject: Re: DayStar 040 PowerCache
To: Dinsdale Piranha <dinsdale@vegas.infi.net>
From: Tony <tchen@ibl.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1996 10:49:43
On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Dinsdale Piranha wrote:

> Since nobody responded to my previous request for an answer as to whether
> or not this accelerator card is *definitely* working with MacBSD...
>
> ...I'd like to try asking if anyone can *theorize* whether or not it might.
> :)  Thanks once again...

Hmm...I must've missed your message  :)

We're using this accelerator in a Performa right now with a build
of the 1.2 current kernel.  It seems to work fine.  The only problem
we had was having something to do with TCP/IP stack crash a couple
of times (which was probably net freaks pounding the machine
with ICMP messages), but it works fine now.  So, we've had this
machine up and running and STABLE for a while now without any
problems.

-----
Antony Chen (tchen@ibl.org)
Recruiter/Consultant - Advantage Consulting and Technologies
"C program run.  C program crash.  C programmer quit." - Anonymous
http://www.ibl.org/~tchen (under constant construction)