Subject: Re: Running NetBSD on a MacIIcx
To: Matt Pepper <matt@enfish.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/31/1996 22:02:15
Hi Matt,

I am also using a IIcx and I have been running NetBSD on it for over a
month without any problems.  I am using the standard distribution, version
1.2.
The only problems I ran into were:  1) I could only get verson 1.1 of the
Installer program to work.  Version 1.1a would crash on start-up *every*
time.  I tried increasing the memory allotment, but it made no difference.
2)
The installer works better (crashes less) if you increase the "preferred
size" memory allotment.  I doubled the recommended setting.  I would also
double
the memory allotment for the Booter.  3) Use Booter 1.9.4.  Earlier versions
led to problems.

Good luck.