Subject: Duo 230
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Ervin <rervin@oasis.novia.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 14:47:40
I'm BACK!

And this time I brought with me a 120 MB partition and 18 MB of RAM!

So I'm ready to JUMP BACK INTO THE FRAY!

Anyway, I can't make my Duo230 boot past the message
  "adb: cleanup: nothing returned"

I have an EXTREMELY minimal system 7.1 setup - I only have ONE control
panel, which is memory, where VM is off, 32 bit is on, and I have
the minimum disk cache.

I've tried everything!!  I would like to make this thing work in ANY mode -
even serial console would be OK (yes, I have a mini-dock, so I have two serial
ports)!  Serial console currently produces NO output.  I am using ZTerm on a
Mac Plus for my serial console.  Is that OK?  What settings should I be using?

If there is ANYONE IN THE US that is using a NetBSD duo and would be
willing to talk to me in person, it would be appreciated.  Otherwise,
I'll accept whatever advice is offered via this forum!

Daishi Kato says he and one other guy he knows in Japan have made it work,
but doesn't have any hints for me.  I wonder if there is some significant
difference betweem our versions of the Duo 230?

Thanks to all,
Rich