Subject: Re: Media Errors
To: Alan C. Bindemann <bindeman@tsun.eglin.af.mil>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 13:49:27
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Alan C. Bindemann wrote:

> I read a while back about problems with Quantum Lighting drives,
> could these medium errors be related?  If so, would switching to the
> GENERICSBC-9 kernel on ftp.macbsd.com fix the problem?  Or do I need
> to reformat my whole disk?

Any time you get medium errors, that's a definite hint to switch to an sbc
kernel.  Yeah.  It sounds like the infamous ncrscsi bug rearing its ugly
head.  BTW, has anybody figured out what's wrong with that thing, or is
that driver basically a lost cause?

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |