Subject: Media Errors
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan C. Bindemann <bindeman@tsun.eglin.af.mil>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 13:41:23
I have been able to get MacBSD working but I keep getting medium errors
and am looking for guidance.  Here is my setup:

Mac IIcx
Running version 1.2 of netbsd
20Mb Ram
730Mb Quantum Lightning
40Mb Swap Partition
50Mb Root Partition
200Mb Usr Partition

I used a hacked version of Apples HDSetup program to partition the
disk.

I get the errors when I try to install software packages on the usr
partition.  I booted single user and ran fsck in the manual mode.
fsck complained about the bad blocks but didn't seem to fix them.

I read a while back about problems with Quantum Lighting drives,
could these medium errors be related?  If so, would switching to the
GENERICSBC-9 kernel on ftp.macbsd.com fix the problem?  Or do I need
to reformat my whole disk?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks in Advance,

Alan Bindemann