Subject: Re: Swap partition
To: David Bobart <bobart@dmatech.com>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 10:54:36
On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, David Bobart wrote:

> >        Can you let the list know _where_ it freezes, and what booter &
> >        kernel version you are trying.
> >
> >                David/abs       david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}
> >

> Quite right. I was at work when I wrote the first email and the computer
> was at home. I have fixed this situation and can provide the following
> information. I was using booter 1.1 (with 5 megs of ram allocated to it)
> and the GENERIC-9 kernel (which I got from ftp.macbsd.com/kernels). The
> computer froze right after "Set_mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x1"

Check that booter number again.  Should be 1.9.x or possibly 1.8(.x?).
1.1 would be the installer version.

BTW, the crash point is where the booter begins executing the kernel code.
Make sure virtual Memory is off, and that you are set to 32 bit
addressing.  Also, make sure it's not set to boot off serial console
(assuming you're not using a serial console).

Later,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |