Subject: PowerBook 140 and MacBSD and a bottle of Excedrin.
To: The Great Mr. Kurtz [David A. Gatwood] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
From: Daniel M. Lipton <photo@northstar.antistatic.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 12/30/1996 06:48:35
Okie dokie.  I tried the recomended "Will MacBSD work on your
machine?" bit from the FAQ on www.macbsd.com.  It suggested I gte the
very latetest booter (1.9.4 I think) and the newest kernel (GENERIC 93
or something close to that).  I followed the instructions to the tee
and when I chose boot now from the menu  *pewf*  the machine hung.  SO
I figured, hey, this seems to be the absolutle latest kernel, maybe I
should try a different one.  So I got GENERIC 77 and followed the
instructions again, to the tee, and  *pewf* it hung.  So I rebooted,
walked away from the machine and about a half an hour later I noticed
that my machine was still trying to vainly boot.  It was caught in an
endless loop somewhere just before it threw the icons on the desktop.
All this and I found out, hey, I have NO bootable floppies and it
would seem there are no bootable floppies available over the net.

Well, I am off to research this a little more in a sea of FAQ's.

Thanks so much...

Daniel Lipton